White Bread Recipe
This recipe for White Bread serves 6 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 40 minutes
(60 minutes to prepare, then cook for 40 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 15 g butter, (2 teaspoons)
- 20 g sugar, (2 teaspoons)
- 315 ml water, 40 degrees celcius
- 8 g salt, (1 teaspoon)
- 500 g Defiance White Bakers Flour
- 12 g bread improver, (1 1/5 teaspoons)
- 8 g instant dried yeast, (1 teaspoon)
How to make White Bread:
- In a bowl, combine yeast, bread improver and 300ml of water.
- Sift together flour and salt into a bowl, stir in sugar and rub in butter.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, add yeast liquid and combine to a firm dough. (Extra liquid may be added at this stage.)
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured board and knead until elastic, for about 10 minutes.
- Place in bowl, cover and stand in a warm position until doubled in size.
- Knock back, knead until smooth, for about 10 minutes.
- Shape and place in a prepared tin. Cover and stand in a warm position until doubled in size.
- Glaze with milk. Bake at 230°C for 30-40 minutes or until it sounds hollow when tapped on the base.
(Sourced from Defiance Quality Foods)
See other bread recipes.