Traditional Garlic Prawns Recipe
This recipe for Traditional Garlic Prawns serves 4 people.
Time required: 25 minutes
(20 minutes to prepare, then cook for 5 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 60 g butter, cut in 4 even-sized cubes
- 8 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped, fresh
- 1 cup of oil
- 2 small red chilli, seeded and finely sliced
- 20 medium green king prawns, shelled, tails intact
How to make Traditional Garlic Prawns:
- Divide oil between 4 fireproof dishes. Add 1 cube of butter to each dish. Prepare and heat barbecue.
- Remove veins from prawns. Crush 2 cloves of garlic into each dish and divide chilli between 4 dishes. Heat dishes on a barbecue flatplate until butter is very hot and bubbling.
- Add 5 prawns to each dish and cook for 3-4 minutes or until prawns are pink and cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with French bread.
VARIATION - Prawns can be cooked in a pan on a hotplate. Heat oil with butter, garlic and chilli in a medium pan. When bubbling, add all the prawns and cook until pink. Preheat oven to moderately hot 210 degrees celsius. Heat 4 heatproof serving dishes in oven until quite hot. Remove dishes from oven and place 5 prawns in each dish. Spoon some oil into each dish.
See other entree recipes.