Thai Chicken and Vegetable Curry Recipe
Curry, chicken and vegetables are cooked in a Thai spiced coconut sauce.
This recipe for Thai Chicken and Vegetable Curry serves 4 people.
Time required: 1 hour
(20 minutes to prepare, then cook for 40 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 115 g french beans, halved
- 175 g baby sweetcorn, halved
- 1 green pepper - capsicum, seeded and diced
- 20 ml thai green curry paste
- 5 ml ground cumin
- 5 ml ground coriander
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 450 g chicken breast, cut into 1cm cubes
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 6 shallots - green onions - scallions, finely chopped
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 sprig of herb sprigs, to garnish
- 1 handful of toasted cashew nuts, to garnish
- 1 boiled rice, to serve
How to make Thai Chicken and Vegetable Curry:
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the shallots, garlic and chicken and cook for 5 minutes until the chicken is coloured all over, stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander, cumin and curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the green pepper, baby sweetcorn, beans, stock and coconut milk and stir to mix.
- Bring to the boil, stirring all the time, then cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Blend the cornflour with about 45ml water in a small bowl. Stir into the curry, then simmer gently for about 2 minutes, stirring all the time, until the sauce thickens slightly. Serve hot, garnished with fresh herb sprigs and toasted cashew nuts and accompanied by boiled rice.
You can add more Thai green curry paste if you like it extra hot.
See other main course recipes.