Tangy Lemon Loaf Recipe
Tangy Lemon Loaf
It is like a cake and bread in one.
This recipe for Tangy Lemon Loaf serves 6 people.
Time required: 55 minutes
(10 minutes to prepare, then cook for 45 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
For the lemon loaf
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of white sugar
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 sprinkle of salt
- 1 ¼ cups of plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup of fresh lemon juice
For the tangy lemon glaze
- ½ cup of icing sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
How to make Tangy Lemon Loaf:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcuis.
- Grease and line the loaf pan with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl and mix.
- In another bowl, melt the butter in the microwave and 50% power (about 2 minutes). Cool.
- Juice the lemons and measure 1/3 cup juice and use a whisk to stir it into the melted butter. Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Pour the butter mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir again with the whisk.
- Scrape into the loaf pan with a baking spatula. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden and a skewer when inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool completely, the lift the lemon loaf out of the pan. Peel off the baking paper. Put the load on a baking rack set on a plate (to catch the glaze drips).
- To make the glaze, sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Measure 1 tablespoon lemon juice and use a whisk to stir it into the icing sugar until smooth. Spoon over the loaf, letting it drip over the sides. Let the glaze harden before slicing the loaf.
(Sourced from Kitchen for Kids - Jennifer Low)