Sweet Potato and Chicken Terrine Recipe
Sweet Potato and Chicken Terrine
This recipe for Sweet Potato and Chicken Terrine serves 6 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 30 minutes
(30 minutes to prepare, then cook for 60 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 pinch of black pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 large eggplant - aubergines, (1kg)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets
- 500 g sweet potato, orange
- 1 leek
How to make Sweet Potato and Chicken Terrine:
- Cut eggplant lengthwise into 5cm slices. Rub a little salt onto each slice and place in a shallow container. Allow to stand.
- Peel and chop sweet potato, place into a saucepan, cover with water. Cook until tender, drain and cool.
- Puree sweet potato in a food processor, then add 2 eggs and pepper, blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Wash and chop leek. Place chicken, leek and remaining egg in a food processor and mince. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Rinse eggplant slices thoroughly under running water. Pat dry. Brush both sides of eggplant lightly with oil. Place under a grill and brown on both sides.
- Line the base of a loaf dish with greaseproof paper. Cover the base and sides of the loaf dish by overlapping slices of eggplant. Spoon pureed sweet potato mixture into dish and top with chicken mixture. Pack firmly. Top with remaining slices of eggplant. Cover with foil and bake in a slow oven (160°C) for 1 hour or until firm.
- Serve hot with vegetables or cold with salad.
(Sourced from Easy Potato Recipes - The Custom Book Company)
See other main course recipes.