Summer Berries in Warm Sabayon Glaze Recipe
Summer Berries in Warm Sabayon Glaze
This recipe for Summer Berries in Warm Sabayon Glaze serves 4 people.
Time required: 22 minutes
(20 minutes to prepare, then cook for 2 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- ½ cup of icing sugar, sifted, for presentation
- 120 ml liqueur, such as Cointreau, Kirsch or Grand Mariner, or a white dessert wine
- 450 g mixed berries, or soft fruit
- 50 g caster sugar
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 8 mint leaves, for decoration
How to make Summer Berries in Warm Sabayon Glaze:
- Arrange the fruit in 4 heatproof dish. Preheat the grill.
- Whisk the yolks in a large bowl with the sugar and liqueur or wine. Place over a pan of hot water and whisk constantly until thick, fluffy and pale.
- Pour equal quantities of the sauce into each dish. Place under the grill for 1-2 minutes until just turning brown. Sprinkle the fruit with icing sugar and scatter with mint leaves just before serving. If you like add and extra splash of liqueur.
If you do not want to use alcohol, us a pure juice substitute such as grape juice, mango or apricot.
(Sourced from Cooks Kitchen Reference - Eggs by Alex Barker)