Steamed Jam Puddings Recipe
Steamed Jam Puddings
This recipe for Steamed Jam Puddings serves 6 people.
Time required: 55 minutes
(15 minutes to prepare, then cook for 40 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 250 g orange marmalade
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- ¼ cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 125 g butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups of self raising flour, sifted
How to make Steamed Jam Puddings:
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Stir through vanilla. Lightly fold in flour and milk.
- Divide marmalade between 6 x 1/2 cup well greased dariole moulds. Spoon pudding mixture over marmalade.
- Place puddings into a baking dish. Add enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the moulds. Cover dish with baking paper and foil, pressing tightly around edges to seal.
- Bake in a slow oven (150 degrees celcius) for 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked when tested. Unmould onto serving plates.
(Sourced from Super Food Ideas March 2003)