Spring Pasta Salad with Asparagus Tomato and Mozzarella Recipe
Spring Pasta Salad
This recipe for Spring Pasta Salad with Asparagus Tomato and Mozzarella serves 6 people.
Time required: 50 minutes
(30 minutes to prepare, then cook for 20 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- 200 g pine nuts
- 1 whole lemon Zest and Juice
- 110 ml Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 250 g Cherry Tomatoes
- 120 g shallots - green onions - scallions
- 250 g mozzarella cheese
- 500 g Woolworths Select Penne Pasta
- 2 pinches of black pepper
- 750 g asparagus
How to make Spring Pasta Salad with Asparagus Tomato and Mozzarella:
- Put up a large pot of salted water for cooking the pasta and bring it to a boil. Add the asparagus and blanch it until just tender, about 3 minutes. Scoop the asparagus from the water with a large strainer spoon and place in a colander. Run cold water over it to stop the cooking and to preserve the bright green color. Drain well and slice into small pieces on the diagonal, leaving the tips whole.
- Bring the water back to a rapid boil and cook the penne until just al dente (tender but slightly firm to the bite). Run the pasta under cold water and drain very well.
- In a large serving bowl, add the pasta, the blanched asparagus, and all the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, and toss well until all the pasta is well coated with dressing. Taste for seasoning. This is best served at room temperature. Serves 4 to 5 as a main course, or 6 to 7 as a first course or side dish.
(Sourced from Pasta Improvvisata: How to Improvise in Classic Italian Style by Erica De Mane)