Spinach and Chicken Roulade Recipe
Spinach and Chicken Roulade
This roulade is like a savoury sponge roll. It is so simple to make and great for a quick entree or light meal.
This recipe for Spinach and Chicken Roulade serves 6 people.
Time required: 40 minutes
(15 minutes to prepare, then cook for 25 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 cup of gruyere cheese, grated
- 250 g frozen spinach
- 1 cup of chicken, chopped cooked
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper, fresh
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs, toasted
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- ½ cup of sour cream, low fat
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp whole seed mustard
- 1 pinch of herb, fresh
How to make Spinach and Chicken Roulade:
- Thaw the spinach and drain well. Separate the eggs. Place spinach, egg yolks, cornflour, nutmeg and pepper in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until combined.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold the spinach mixture into egg whites. Pour into a baking-paper-lined 12cm x 8cm sponge roll tin. Bake at 190°C for 10 to 15 minutes or until the roulade springs back when lightly touched with a finger.
- Turn onto a clean tea towel sprinkled with breadcrumbs. Roll up from the short side like a sponge roll. Leave to stand for 1 minute then unroll and sprinkle with cheese and chicken. Re-roll and return roulade to over for 5 minutes.
- Mix sour cream and mustard together. Cut roulade into slices. Place on a plate and garnish with sour cream mixture and fresh herbs.
(Sourced from Quick n Easy Chicken - Australian)