Spiced Lentil and Vegetable Soup Recipe
Vegetarian soup that is low in kilojoules and high in fibre and low in fat.
This recipe for Spiced Lentil and Vegetable Soup serves 4 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 35 minutes
(10 minutes to prepare, then cook for 85 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 2 whole red capsicums, Chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole red onion, Chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, Crushed
- 2 stalks of celery, Chopped
- 1 tbsp mild indian curry powder
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 1 L vegetable stock
- ½ cup of dried green lentil
- 2 small egg plants, Small and chopped
How to make Spiced Lentil and Vegetable Soup:
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add onion, garlic and celery. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add curry powder. Cook Stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add Tomato, stock, 2 cups cold water and lentils. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 45 minutes. Add capsicum and eggplant. Simmer, covered, for 40 minutes or until vegetables and lentils are tender. Season with pepper.
You can serve soup with yoghurt and coriander.