Shepherds Pie Recipe
This recipe for Shepherds Pie serves 6 people.
Time required: 1 hour
(20 minutes to prepare, then cook for 40 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 425 g chopped tomatoes, peeled
- 1 beef stock, cube, crumbled
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 1 pinch of salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¼ cup of bread crumbs, dry
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- 500 g minced steak
- ½ cup of tasty cheese, grated
How to make Shepherds Pie:
- Heat oil in frying pan. Saute onion until tender. Add mince. Brown well, breaking the meat up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Blend flour with a little of the water to make a smooth paste. Blend into remaining water.
- Stir flour mixture into meat with stock cube. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes, peas and sauce. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Place in the base of a deep casserole dish.
- To prepare Topping: Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain. Mash well. Beat in sour cream and seasonings.
- Spread evenly over meat mixture. Sprinkle with combined cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake in a moderate oven (180°C) for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with vegetables of choice.
(Sourced from Easy Potato Recipes)
See other main course recipes.