Self-Saucing Baked Chocolate Pudding Recipe
Self-Saucing Baked Chocolate Pudding
This recipe for Self-Saucing Baked Chocolate Pudding serves 6 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 5 minutes
(25 minutes to prepare, then cook for 40 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ cups of water, boiling
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, extra
- 60 g butter, melted
- ¾ cup of caster sugar, extra
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup of self raising flour
How to make Self-Saucing Baked Chocolate Pudding:
- Preheat Oven to moderate 180°C. Brush an 8-cup capacity oven-proof dish with melted butter or oil.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl; make a well in the centre.
- Pour in combined milk, egg, butter and essence. Stir until smooth; do not over-beat. Pour into prepared dish. Dissolve extra cocoa powder and sugar in boiling water. Pour gently over the back of a spoon onto the pudding mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted. Top may be dusted with sifted icing sugar before serving.
Hint - Spoon some sauce with each serving.
(Sourced from Quick Short Recipe Cookbook - Family Circle)
See other dessert recipes.