Seafood Risotto Recipe
Seafood Risotto is a mediterranean dish.
This recipe for Seafood Risotto serves 4 people.
Time required: 40 minutes
(10 minutes to prepare, then cook for 30 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 105 ml white wine
- 1 cup of arborio rice
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- ½ lemon, rind - grated
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 5 cups of fish stock
- 500 g mixed seafood
How to make Seafood Risotto:
- Heat the oil in a heavey-based pan, add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add the rice and stir to coat the grains with oil. Add the wine and cook over a moderate heat, stirring, for a few minutes until absorbed.
- Add 150ml of the hot stock and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed by the rice. Continue stirring and adding stock in 150ml quantities, until half is left. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the seafood and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining stock as before, and continue cooking until the rice is creamy and the grains al dente.
- Stir in the lemon rind, tomato puree and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
(Sourced from Healing Foods for Special Diets - Hermes House)
See other main course recipes.