Sausages with Borlotti Beans Recipe
Sausages with Borlotti Beans
This recipe for Sausages with Borlotti Beans serves 4 people.
Time required: 35 minutes
(15 minutes to prepare, then cook for 20 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large brown onion, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 8 thick italian sausages, 960g
- 425 g chopped tomatoes, tin
- 400 g borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of salt reduced beef stock
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped finely
How to make Sausages with Borlotti Beans:
- Heat oil in large saucepan; cook sausages until browned. Remove sausages from pan; slice thickly.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the fat from the pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add undrained tomatoes, beans, stock, the water and oregano.
- Return sausages to pan; simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Sprinkly sausage mixture with parsley and serve.
Serve with Mashed Potato
(Sourced from The Australian Womens Weekly Stew Braises and Casseroles)
See other main course recipes.