Sausage Rolls Recipe
Classic party food that everyone can easily make.
This recipe for Sausage Rolls serves 9 people.
Time required: 45 minutes
(20 minutes to prepare, then cook for 25 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 small zucchini - courgettes, coarsely grated
- 1 small carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup of bread crumbs, fresh
- 1 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 250 g sausage mince
- 250 g beef mince
How to make Sausage Rolls:
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Lightly grease and line 2 baking trays. In a large bowl, combine sausage mince, beef mince, onion, carrot, zucchini, breadcrumbs, tomato paste, barbecue sauce and half the egg. Season to taste.
- Cut each sheet of pastry in half. Roll mixture into 6 long sausage shapes. Place each sausage along the edge of each pastry sheet and roll up tightly to seal.
- Cut each sausage into 3 even-sized pieces. Place on prepared trays about 3cm apart. Brush with remaining egg. Score tops of pastry in a few places. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked through.
Serve with sauce of your choice. These sausage rolls can freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
See other finger food recipes.