Salmon and Pasta Mornay Recipe
This recipe for Salmon and Pasta Mornay serves 4 people.
Time required: 25 minutes
(10 minutes to prepare, then cook for 15 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 400 g shell pasta, small
- 1 cup of sour cream
- ½ cup of parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup of milk
- 30 g butter
- 425 g salmon, can, drained, flaked
- 1 pinch of salt and cracked pepper
How to make Salmon and Pasta Mornay:
- ADD PASTA to a large pan of rapidly boiling water and cook until just tender; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in medium pan; add oinion and garlic. Stir over low heat for 3 minutes or until tender. Add flour and stir for 1 minute. Combine milk, cream and lemon juice in a jug. Add gradually to onion mixture, stirring constantly. Stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add salmon and parsley to pan; stir for 1 minute or until heated through. Turn hotplate off. Add drained pasta to pan, stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Storage Time: Sauce can be made a day ahead. Store, covered, in refrigerator. Cook pasta and reheat sauce just before serving. VARIATIONS - Use canned tuna instead of salmon. Add 1 teaspoon of mustard to sauce.
See other pasta recipes.