Salmon and Lime Skewers Recipe
Salmon and Lime Skewers
This recipe for Salmon and Lime Skewers serves 4 people.
Time required: 18 minutes
(10 minutes to prepare, then cook for 8 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- ⅓ cup of olive oil, light
- 1 ½ tsp brown sugar
- 500 g salmon, boneless fillets, cubed
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 limes
- 1 tsp caper, finely chopped
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 100 g sugar snap peas
- 80 g baby asian greens
How to make Salmon and Lime Skewers:
- Juice 1 lime. Cut each remaining limes into 8 thin wedges. Combine dill, capers, sugar, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons cold water and one third of the garlic in a jug. Cover, set aside.
- Combine celery salt, remaining garlic and oil in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add salmon. Toss to coat.
- Thread lime wedges and salmon onto skewers. Preheat a barbecue plate or chargrill over medium heat. Cook skewers, turning occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucpan of water to the boil. Cook peas and asparagus for 3 to 4 minutes or until bright green and tender. Drain, Refresh under cold water. Combine salad greens peas, asparagus and half the lime mixture in a bowl. Divide between plates. Top with skewers and remaining lime mixture.
Pre-soak bamboo skewers.
(Sourced from Super Food Ideas October 2008)
See other main course recipes.