Ratatouille - Microwave Recipe
Ratatouille - Microwave
This recipe for Ratatouille - Microwave serves 4 people.
Time required: 15 minutes
(5 minutes to prepare, then cook for 10 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 100 g baby beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes, tinned
- 1 medium egg plant, trimmed and cubed
How to make Ratatouille - Microwave:
- Place capsicum, onion, oil and garlic into a large microwave-safe dish. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Cook on High(100%) power for 2 minutes.
- Add beans, egg plant, tomatoes and basil. Mix well. Cook, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Stand for 3 to 4 minutes before serving. Top with estra basil leaves if desired.
Variation - top with grated tasty cheese for extra flavour.
(Sourced from Super Food Ideas March 2003)