Pumpkin Spinach and Fetta Frittata Recipe
This recipe for Pumpkin Spinach and Fetta Frittata serves 4 people.
Time required: 45 minutes
(10 minutes to prepare, then cook for 35 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 200 g fetta cheese, crumbed
- 125 g baby spinach leaves, chopped coarsely
- 4 cups of pumpkin, chopped coarsely
- 1 large potato, chopped coarsely
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 8 eggs, beaten lightly
- ¾ cup of cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
How to make Pumpkin Spinach and Fetta Frittata:
- Preheat oven to very hot. Grease deep 23cm square cake pan; line base and two opposite sides with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin in large microwave-safe bowl, cover; cook on HIGH(100%), stirring halfway through cooking time, about 5 minutes or until just tender. Place potato in small microwave-safe bowl, cover; cook on HIGH (100%) 4 minutes or until just tender.
- Combine pumpkin and potato in large bowl; add spinach, cheeses and egg, stir to combine. Transfer egg mixture to prepared pan. Top with onion
- Bake in a very hot oven about 25 minutes or until firm. Stand 5 minutes before serving.
If you don't have a microwave oven, boil or steam pumkin and potato separately, until just tender; drain. Serving Suggestion; Serve with a rocket or spinach salad.