Portuguese Potatoes Recipe
This recipe for Portuguese Potatoes serves 6 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 5 minutes
(15 minutes to prepare, then cook for 50 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped coarsely
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 1 large brown onion, chopped coarsely
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- 2 tsp thyme, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 600 g sebago potatoes, chopped coarsely
- 1 tbsp piri-piri sauce
How to make Portuguese Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 200°C fan forced.
- Toss potatoes and half of the oil in medium shallow baking dish. Roast,uncovered, in oven about 30 minutes or until browned lightly.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large frying pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add tomato, paprika and thyme; cook, stirring, about 1 minute or until tomato just softens. Add stock and sauce; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove potato from oven; reduce oven temperature to 180°C / 160°C fan forced. Pour sauce over potato; bake, uncovered, in oven 20 minutes or until potato is tender. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
(Sourced from Womens Weekly - Stew Braises and Casseroles)