Pork with Beans and Beer Recipe
Pork with Beans and Beer
This recipe for Pork with Beans and Beer serves 8 people.
Time required: 2 hours and 40 minutes
(20 minutes to prepare, then cook for 140 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups of chicken stock
- 2 medium brown onions, sliced thinly
- 375 ml beer, can
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1.8 kg pork necks
- 3 bacon rashers, rindless - chopped finely
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 cup of dried haricot bean
- ¼ small white cabbage, shredded finely
How to make Pork with Beans and Beer:
- Rub combined garlic and pepper all over pork. Secure pork with string at least 2cm intervals to make even shape
- Heat oil in large flameproof casserole dish; cook pork until browned all over. Remove from dish.
- Cook bacon, onion and seeds in same dish, stirring, until onion is soft and bacon browned lightly.
- Return pork to dish with beer, beans and stock; simmer, covered, about 2 hours or until beans and pork are tender. Remove pork from dish. Add cabbage; cook, stirring, until just wilted.
(Sourced from Womes Weekly Stew Braises and Casseroles)