Pommes Voisin Recipe
Variation of Pommes Anna
This recipe for Pommes Voisin serves 4 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 10 minutes
(20 minutes to prepare, then cook for 50 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 2 sprigs of thyme, to serve (optional)
- 5 pinches of salt
- 5 pinches of pepper
- 1 kg potato, waxy peeled
- 25 g parmesan cheese, Freshly Grated
- 75 g butter, Melted
How to make Pommes Voisin:
- Slice the peeled potatoes finely into rounds about 1mm thick.
- Generously butter a 15cm round cake tin and arrange a layer of potatoes in a circle over the base, neatly overlapping each slice. Drizzle with a little of the melted butter, sprinkle with some of the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue layering, drizzle with butter, sprinkling with cheese and seasoning, until all the potatoes have been used.
- Drizzle the remaining butter over the top and cook in a preheated oven at 220°C (Gas Mark 7) for about 40-50 minutes or until very tender.
- Press down the potato slices 3-4 times during baking to form a solid cake.
Pommes Anna is the same recipe but with no Parmesan Cheese.
(Sourced from Potatoes from Gnocchi to Mash by Annie Nichols)