Great for morning teas and finger food for parties. Pinwheels are easy to make and great to eat.
This recipe for Pinwheels serves 8 people.
Time required: 40 minutes
(10 minutes to prepare, then cook for 30 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 cup of cheese, chedder or tasty, can add parmasen for more flavour
- 100 g tomato paste
- 50 g mild salami
- 200 g ham
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, shop bought prepacked and pre-rolled frozen
How to make Pinwheels:
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Lay the pastry sheets on a flat surface and allow to thaw for 10 minutes. Keep the plastic that the pastry comes with attached to the pastry sheets.
- Spread the tomato paste over the pastry, and sprinkle a small amount of cheese over the top.
- Single layer the ham and salami over two thirds of the pastry then sprinkle more cheese over the top.
- By starting at the end that has the ham, roll tightly and pull the plastic off as you roll.
- Cut into 2cm sections and lay on baking paper and place in oven for 30 minutes.
You can add pineapple, herbs, spinach, capsicum, all tastes very yummy.