Peaches and Cream Trifle Recipe
Peaches and Cream Trifle
This recipe for Peaches and Cream Trifle serves 8 people.
Time required: 20 minutes
(20 minutes to prepare, no cooking required)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 cup of cream, whipped
- 825 g sliced peaches, canned
- ¼ cup of marsala
- 1 sponge cake, day-old
- 1 cup of mascarpone
- ¼ cup of almonds, flaked, toasted
How to make Peaches and Cream Trifle:
- Drain Peaches, reserving ½ cup juice.
- Combine marsala and reserved juice. Cut cake into cubes, place in an 8-cup dish and press down firmly. Drizzle with marsala mixture.
- Arrange peach slices over cake. Using electric beaters, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add mascarpone and beat briefly until just combined. Spread mixture over peaches. Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavours to develop. Sprinkle with almonds just befor serving.
Variation - Replace marsala with peach schnapps liqueur or Grand Marnier.
(Sourced from Quick Short Recipe Cookbook - Family Circle)
See other dessert recipes.