Pancakes are a simple and delicious food, and easy to make. There are so many variations that can be applied to this simple recipe.
This recipe for Pancakes serves 4 people.
Time required: 5 minutes
(2 minutes to prepare, then cook for 3 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- ½ cup of plain flour
- ¾ cup of milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp butter
How to make Pancakes:
- Sift the plain flour into a bowl
- Lightly beat the eggs and stir them into the flour until the mix is smooth
- Gradually pour in the milk and stir the mixture until you have a nice smooth batter
- Leave the mixture to settle to allow any of the bubbles to disperse
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan on a medium to high heat
- Spoon a few tablespoons of the batter into the frying pan, to the size of the pancake you want
- Once you see bubbles start to appear on the top of the mixture (should take around 1-2 minutes), flip it over for another minute or so, until both sizes are a light golden brown colour
Great with anything sweet on top - such as sifted icing sugar, or honey, or jam, vanilla ice cream, or even some lemon juice and brown sugar!