Orange Sorbet Recipe
This recipe for Orange Sorbet serves 4 people.
Time required: 3 hours and 20 minutes
(200 minutes to prepare, no cooking required)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 4 large orange
- 200 g caster sugar
- 500 ml water
- 2 tbsp orange juice, freshly squeezed
How to make Orange Sorbet:
- Heat the water and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring for 2 minutes. Pour into a heatproof bowl. Cool to room temperature.
- Grate the rind from 2 oranges and juice the 4 oranges. Mix the juice and rind in a bowl, cover with clingwrap and reserve. Stir the orange juice,and the extra freshly squeezed juice and grated rind into the cooled sugar syrup. Cover with clingwrap and leave to chill for 1 hour.
- Place the mixture into a freezer container and freeze for 1 hour, then transfer the mixure to a bowl. Beat to break up the crystals, then return it to the freezer container and freeze for 30 minutes. Repeat twice more, freezing and 30 minutes and whisking each time.
- Divide the frozen sorbet into glasses and serve immediately.
If you would like to add orange liqueur to the sorbet do this at step 2 when combining the juice to the sugar syrup add 2 tablespoons of orange liqueur.
See other dessert recipes.