Mushroom Potato Bake Recipe
Mushroom Potato Bake
This recipe for Mushroom Potato Bake serves 4 people.
Time required: 49 minutes
(15 minutes to prepare, then cook for 34 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 300 ml cream
- 125 g mushrooms, fresh and sliced
- 1 tbsp bread crumbs, dried
- 1 cup of chicken stock, (see Note)
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 shallots - green onions - scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup of tasty cheese, extra
- 1 cup of tasty cheese, shredded
How to make Mushroom Potato Bake:
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Layer potatoes, mushrooms, shallots and cheese in a large (or individual), greased casserole dish.
- Pour over combined cream and stock. Mix together remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180 degrees celcius) for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve as a meal in itself with salad or as a meal accompaniment.
Use a stock cube and water or the prepared stock available from supermarkets.
(Sourced from Easy Potato Recipe - The Custom Cook Company)