Malaysian Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
This recipe for Malaysian Chicken Noodle Soup serves 4 people.
Time required: 35 minutes
(15 minutes to prepare, then cook for 20 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 piece of root ginger, (1cm piece)
- 1 ½ cups of chicken, chopped cooked or uncooked
- 1 coriander, chopped fresh or parsley
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 440 g tinned tomatoes, whole in juice
- 1 carrot
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 g thin noodles
How to make Malaysian Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Crush, peel and chop garlic. Peel and finely chop ginger. Peel and chop onion and carrot. Heat oil in a saucepan or flameproof clay pot. Saute garlic, ginger, onion and carrot for 5 minutes or until oinion is clear. Add chicken, stock, tomatoes and juice and chilli sauce. Break tomatoes up with a wooden spoon. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the noodles and cook for a further 5 minutes or until noodles are cooked. Serve garnished with chopped coriander or parsley.
This is a delicious way to use leftover chicken - as much or as little as you have available.
See other soup recipes.