Lemon Sorbet Recipe
A mouth watering icy treat that is incredibly refreshing.
This recipe for Lemon Sorbet serves 4 people.
Time required: 5 hours
(300 minutes to prepare, no cooking required)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 2 cups of water, warm
- 1 ½ cups of lemon juice
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 2 Egg White, lightly whisked
- 1 tbsp lemon rind, finely grated
How to make Lemon Sorbet:
- Place warm water, lemon rind, caster sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring for until the sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer without stirring for 10 minutes or until the mix thickens.
- Strain the mixture over a bowl. Stir in lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture in a 20cm x 30cm baking tray. Cover and freeze for 1-2 hours or until almost firm.
- Put the mixture in a food processor and add the egg whites. Process until smooth but not melted.
- Pour the mixture into a 11.5cm x 21.5 cm (loaf pan) tin. Cover and freeze for 3 hours.
See other dessert recipes.