Lemon and Sugar Pancakes Recipe
Lemon and Sugar Pancakes
This recipe for Lemon and Sugar Pancakes serves 4 people.
Time required: 40 minutes
(20 minutes to prepare, then cook for 20 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges for serving
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of White Wings Plain Flour
- 60 g butter, melted, cooled and some extra butter for cooking
- ¼ cup of white sugar, to sprinkle on for serving
- 3 tsp baking powder
How to make Lemon and Sugar Pancakes:
- Sift White Wings Plain Flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in the caster sugar. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk the milk, eggs and butter together. Add to the flour mixture stirring gradually with a wooden spoon to form a smooth batter. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush the baseof the pan with a little of the extra melted butter. Pour 1/3 cup of the batter into the pan. Use a spoon to spread out slightly.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubblesstart to appear on the surface. Turn and book a further 2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining pancake batter, greasing the pan between each pancake.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges and a sprinkle of sugar.
(Sourced from White Wings)
See other breakfast recipes.