Lamb with Thai-Style Potatoes Recipe
Lamb with Thai-Style Potatoes
This recipe for Lamb with Thai-Style Potatoes serves 6 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 30 minutes
(15 minutes to prepare, then cook for 75 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 500 g potatoes, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 375 g chicken stock, packet
- 1 lemon rind, and juice
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ tsp chilli
- 1 leg lamb
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ cup of coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
How to make Lamb with Thai-Style Potatoes:
- Weigh lamb and calculate cooking time. Allow 20 minutes per 500g.
- Make a few incisions in the lamb. Fill each with a slice of garlic. Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Place in a baking dish on a trivet. Bake in a moderate oven (180°C) for the calculated time.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender. Add chilli, lime rind and juice and potatoes. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove potatoes to a serving plate.
- Simmer sauce until thickened. Pour over potatoes. Serve potatoes with lamb and a salad or your choice of vegetables.
(Sourced from Easy Potato Recipes)
See other main course recipes.