KFC Chicken Recipe
You love the taste of KFC chicken? Here's a fantastic recipe to satisfy your cravings.
This recipe for KFC Chicken serves 5 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 30 minutes
(10 minutes to prepare, then cook for 80 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
For the coated chicken
- 2 cups of bread crumbs
- ½ kg chicken breast
- 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for basting
For the secret herbs and spices
- 3 tbsp MSG accent
- 1 tsp celery salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
How to make KFC Chicken:
- Get three bowls. Crack open and lightly beat an egg, then pour into the first bowl. Mix all the secret herbs and spices into the second bowl. Pour the 2 cups of bread crumbs into the third bowl.
- Get each chicken breast, and chop into 4 small pieces. Then dip the chicken first into the egg, then into the bread crumbs, then finally into the secret herbs and spices.
- Heat the oven to 350°C, and line an oven tray with a sheet of aliminium foil. Put the coated chicken pieces on the oven tray, and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the tray, then cook for another 30 minutes. Then baste the chicken pieces with some olive oil, and cook for a remaining 5 minutes. Then remove from the oven, and leave standing for 5 minutes.
Use the chicken in all sorts of different ways, such as in chicken burgers or wraps, served with chips, coleslaw, and salad.
And if you're concerned about using MSG, read up what MSG is ... or you can leave it out.
See other main course recipes.