Italian Stuffed Lamb Recipe
Italian Stuffed Lamb
This recipe for Italian Stuffed Lamb serves 8 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 35 minutes
(20 minutes to prepare, then cook for 75 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 2 cloves of garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup of arborio rice
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup of basil leaves, shredded
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 6 slices of pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 ½ kg easy carve leg of lamb
- 16 chat potatoes, halved
How to make Italian Stuffed Lamb:
- Heat half the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, pancetta and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion has softened. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. combine stock powder and .75 cup hot water. Add to rice mixture. Bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool. Add egg yolk, pine nuts, basil and cheese. Mix to combine.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius (180 degrees celcius fan forced). Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Place lamb, skin side down, on a board (remove string if tied). Place stuffing along centre of lamb. Roll up to enclose filling. Tie lamb at 4 cm (with un waxed string)to secure.
- Place lamb in prepared pan. Roast for 20 minutes. Place potato and remaining oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place potato mixture around lamb in pan. Reduce oven temperature to 180 degrees celcius (160 degrees celcius fan forced). Roast for 55 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Cool.
Serve with baby rocket,
(Sourced from Super Food Ideas December 2008)
See other main course recipes.