Israeli Barbecued Chicken Recipe
This recipe for Israeli Barbecued Chicken serves 4 people.
Time required: 2 hours and 10 minutes
(110 minutes to prepare, then cook for 20 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 ⅓ kg chicken, cut into 8 portions
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 pinches of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
How to make Israeli Barbecued Chicken:
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and turn to coat thoroughly. Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour or cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Light barbecue. After about 40 minutes it will be ready for cooking.
- Arrange the dark meat on the grill and cook for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Place the remaining chicken on the grill and cook for 7-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown and the juices run clear when pricked with a skewer. Garnish with corander (cilantro). Serve immediately with pitta breads, lemon wedges and salad.
For a Yemenite flavour, use 1.5 teaspoon tumeric and a pinch of ground cardamom in place of the cinnamon.