Individual Beef Wellingtons Recipe
Individual Beef Wellingtons
This recipe for Individual Beef Wellingtons serves 4 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 35 minutes
(80 minutes to prepare, then cook for 15 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 20 g butter
- 2 tsp water
- 4 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100 g button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 4 beef eye fillet steaks, approx. 4cm thick
- 100 g pate
How to make Individual Beef Wellingtons:
- Tie string around steaks to keep round shape. Heat butter and oil in heavy-based frying pan. Add steaks and cook over high heat 2 minutes. Turn - cook for another 2 minutes or until done to your liking. Remove from heat; cover and allow to cool.
- Remove string from steaks. Spread a layer of pate on one side of each steak. Press mushrooms on pate. Place steak, mushroom-side down on sheet of pastry. Trim and fit pastry to form a neat parcel with folds on the underside. Seal with combined egg yolk and water.
- Use pastry scraps to decorate top of the parcel. Make 2 slits on top of pastry. Brush with egg mixture. Repeat with remaining steaks. Refrigerate parcels for about 1 hour. Preheat oven to moderately hot 210°C. Bake for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 180°C and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until pastry is cooked. Serve with baked or steamed vegetables of your choice.
(Sourced from Quick Short Recipe Cookbook - Family Circle)
See other main course recipes.