Honey Beef Fillet with Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
Honey Beef Fillet with Stuffed Tomatoes
This recipe for Honey Beef Fillet with Stuffed Tomatoes serves 4 people.
Time required: 50 minutes
(5 minutes to prepare, then cook for 45 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 8 small tomatoes
- 2 tbsp butter, 3 tblspn butter extra
- ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup of bread crumbs, dried
- 1 kg beef eye fillet steak
How to make Honey Beef Fillet with Stuffed Tomatoes:
- Trim away any excess fat from beef.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter with honey in a large frying pan. Add beef and cook over a high heat until outside is golden brown, approximately 4 minutes.
- Transfer fillet to a medium baking dish and cook in moderate oven 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Cut tops off tomatoes and scoop out centres, discard. Melt 3 extra tablespoons butter and mix into combined breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Spoon breadcrumb mixture back into tomatoes and grill for 1 minute, or until tops are golden. Serve beef in 1cm thick slices with tomatoes. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
(Sourced from Cooking can be Simple - Select Kitchen Class)
See other main course recipes.