Frittata with Spanish Onion Recipe
Frittata with Spanish Onion
This recipe for Frittata with Spanish Onion serves 4 people.
Time required: 32 minutes
(10 minutes to prepare, then cook for 22 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 60 g mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pinches of salt and ground black pepper, fresh, season to taste
- ½ large spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp basil, fresh, chopped
How to make Frittata with Spanish Onion:
- In a frying pan cook onion in 1 tablespoon oil over low heat until soft and golden, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cool
- Place eggs in a bowl, beat to blend, season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add cooled onion, mozzeralla and basil. Mix well
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture, tilt pan to distribute mixture evenly. Cook until bottom is golden brown and eggs are still runny on top, about 7 minutes.
- Place pan under a heated grill, cook until top is golden, about 4 minutes. Slide frittata onto a heated plate. Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.
(Sourced from Cooking can be Simple - Select Kitchen Class)