Fried Rice Recipe
This recipe for Fried Rice serves 6 people.
Time required: 40 minutes
(20 minutes to prepare, then cook for 20 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 200 g prawns, canned
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 200 g bacon pieces
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Masterfoods Garlic Finely Crushed
- ¾ cup of frozen peas
How to make Fried Rice:
- Make Rice from packet directions the night before and put on a tray and cover with foil in the fridge. If you are in a bit of a hurry you can make the rice 2-3 hours before and put in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- In a fry pan cook bacon until browned. Set aside in a bowl. Whisk eggs with a bit of milk, add to fry pan to make an omlette. Once cooked put on the bench and chop in small pieces.
- Heat the peas in a pan of boiled water for a couple of minutes. Drain.
- In a wok heat oil and add ginger, then add rice a section at a time. Add bacon and mix, then add chopped omlette mix, then add prawns and peas. Stirfry for 2 minutes then add Soy Sauce and mix for 2 more minutes. Serve immediately.
See other rice recipes.