Fresh Peach Pie Recipe
Fresh Peach Pie
This recipe for Fresh Peach Pie serves 6 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 25 minutes
(40 minutes to prepare, then cook for 45 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 225 g butter, chopped plus 2 tblspn extra
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup of plain flour, sifted plus 4 tblspn extra
- 1 egg yolk
- ¾ cup of cornflour
- 3 large peaches, peeled, seeded and sliced
How to make Fresh Peach Pie:
- Sift flour and cornflour into a large bowl. Rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk and enough water to bind mixture into a dough.
- Wrap dough in a tea towel and refrigerate 30 minutes. Remove dough from refrigerator and knead for 1 minute.
- Roll out dough to fit a 23cm oven-proof flan dish, trim edges. Bake blind for 10 minutes in a hot oven.
- Arrange peach slices in pastry case. Combine extra flour with sugar and sprinkle over peaches.
- Cut extra butter into small cubes and sprinkle over top of pie. Bake in moderate oven 30-35 minutes.
(Sourced from Cooking can be Simple - Select Kitchen Class)