Focaccia Bread Recipe
This recipe for Focaccia Bread serves 4 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 5 minutes
(50 minutes to prepare, then cook for 15 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 500 g Defiance White Bakers Flour
- 12 g salt, (1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 10 ml olive oil, (1 teaspoon)
- 300 ml water, (40 degrees celcius)
- ½ tsp crushed garlic
- 8 g instant dried yeast, (1 teaspoon)
- 2 g mixed herbs, 1 teaspoon
How to make Focaccia Bread:
- Mix the yeast and water in a small bowl until yeast has dissolved. Put aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the flour, salt, mixed herbs and garlic into a large bowl.
- Pour in the yeast mixture and the olive oil, and gradually bring the mixture together using a wooden spoon.
- Lightly flour the work surface and start kneading the dough until the dough until soft and elastic.
- Place dough into an oiled bowl and cover. Leave aside until the dough has doubled in size.
- This amount of dough is enough to make two large Focaccia. Cut the dough into two parts, roll out in a cuircular shape to a thickness of about 20mm. Place the dough onto a pizza tray to help hold its shape.
- Let the dough prove for aobut 15 minutes then lightly brushwith olive oil and then place your toppings on.
- Bake at 210 degrees celcius for about 15 minutes.
(Sourced from Defiance Quality Foods)
See other bread recipes.