Coconut Macaroons Recipe
This recipe for Coconut Macaroons serves 5 people.
Time required: 35 minutes
(15 minutes to prepare, then cook for 20 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- ⅓ cup of white sugar
- 1 large Egg White
- 1 cup of shredded coconut, sweetened
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 sprinkle of salt
How to make Coconut Macaroons:
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees celcius.
- Line a biscuit tray with baking paper.
- Put the shredded coconut in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Put the egg white, cream of tartar and salt into a 2 cup size measuring cup. Beat with an egg beater until the egg white turns white and fluffy. Add the sugar a few heaping spoonfuls at a time, beating after you add.
- Use a baking spatula to scrap the egg white into the coconut. Fold together. Drop by spoonfuls into mounds on the lined biscuit tray, at least 8 cm apart. Make 10 mounds.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or until there's a little browning on the edges. Cool completely on the baking sheet before removing.
(Sourced from Kitchen for Kids - Jennifer Low)
See other cookies recipes.