Chocolate Heaven Cake Recipe
Delicious Chocolate Cake
This recipe for Chocolate Heaven Cake serves 20 people.
Time required: 2 hours
(60 minutes to prepare, then cook for 60 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 tsp bicarb soda baking soda
- 5 whole eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups of water
- ⅓ cup of cocoa powder
- 3 cups of White Wings self raising flour, sifted
- 250 g butter
- 2 ¾ cups of white sugar
How to make Chocolate Heaven Cake:
- Preheat oven to 190°C in a fan forced oven. Grease a deep round 28cm cake pan. Line the base with baking paper.
- Combine water, sugar, butter, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda in a medium saucepan. Stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Cool to room temperature (this takes about 45 minutes).
- Add eggs, beating well between additions. Add flour and mix a further minute until mixture is smooth. Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn onto cooling rack.
- When cake is completely cool. Pour over Chocolate Ganache.
To make Chocolate Ganache combine 150 grams of dark chocolate that is finely chopped and 1/4 cup cream in a small heatproof bowl. Stir with metal spoon over pan of simmering water until melted and smooth. Cool for 10 minutes, then drizzle over cake.