Chocolate Hazelnut Spirals Recipe
Chocolate Hazelnut Spirals
This recipe for Chocolate Hazelnut Spirals serves 16 people.
Time required: 32 minutes
(20 minutes to prepare, then cook for 12 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- ½ cup of ground hazelnut
- 1 ½ cups of plain flour
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water, cold
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- 100 g butter, chopped
- 4 tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread, room temperature
How to make Chocolate Hazelnut Spirals:
- Brush two oven trays with melted butter or oil. Line with baking paper.
- Place flour, cocoa, sugar and hazelnuts in food processor; add butter and process for 30 seconds or until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add egg and enough water to moisten; process until mixture comes together. Turn dough onto lighly floured surface; knead 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Roll dough out on a large sheet of baking paper, to form a rectangle 25 x 35 cm. Trim uneven edges. Spread hazelnut spread evenly over dough. Using paper to lift dough, roll up from long side to form a log. Wrap tightly in paper and plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to moderate 180 degrees celcius.
- Cut dough into 1 cm slices. Place onto prepared trays, allowing room for spreading. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Variations: Ground almonds or walnuts can be used in place of hazelnuts.
(Sourced from Crazy for Chocolate - Family Circle)