Chocolate Chip Biscuits Recipe
In Australia we call them biscuits, USA cookies, call them what you will, they are still a tasty snack with a cup of milk.
This recipe can keep in the fridge and freezer as a dough ready for cooking.
This recipe for Chocolate Chip Biscuits serves 12 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 30 minutes
(80 minutes to prepare, then cook for 10 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 cup of icing sugar, sifted
- 2 ½ cups of plain flour, sifted
- 250 g butter, softened
- ½ cup of milk chocolate melts
How to make Chocolate Chip Biscuits:
- Beat the butter and sifted icing sugar in a bowl, using an electric beater, beat until fluffy.
- On a lightly floured surface, slowly add the flour to the mixture, kneading as you go, then add the chocolate melts, kneading well.
- Divide the dough in half, and roll each half into a 25cm log. Wrap in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven at 190 degrees celcius for 10 minutes before slicing up the dough.
- Slice the dough into 1cm thick slices and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool biscuits on wire racks.
This dough can keep for 3 days in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer.
See other cookies recipes.