Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
Quick low-fat family meal.
This recipe for Chicken Stir-Fry serves 6 people.
Time required: 25 minutes
(10 minutes to prepare, then cook for 15 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 200 g broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup of oyster sauce
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large carrot, Sliced
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 150 g dried egg noodles
- 100 g button mushrooms, sliced
How to make Chicken Stir-Fry:
- Trim excess fat from chicken. Cut chicken in 2cm wide strips. Combine chicken, sauces and honey in a bowl; mix well. Boil, steam or microwave broccoli and carrot until almost tender; drain.
- Add noodles to a large pan of boiling water, boil, uncovered, for about 2 minutes, or until soft; drain.
- Drain chicken; reserve marinade. Heat half the oil in a wok, add chicken in batches; stir-fry until cooked through. Remove from wok.
- Heat remaining oil in wok, add broccoli, carrot, mushrooms and spring onions; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add chicken, noodles, stock and reserved marinade to wok; stir-fry until sauce boils and thickens.
You can use chicken breast or chicken strips instead of chicken thigh fillets.
See other main course recipes.