Chicken Pieces and Apricot Sauce Recipe
Chicken Pieces and Apricot Sauce
This recipe for Chicken Pieces and Apricot Sauce serves 4 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 15 minutes
(15 minutes to prepare, then cook for 60 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 medium chickens, uncooked
- 425 g can apricot halves, drained, reserve juice
- 3 cups of white rice, cooked
How to make Chicken Pieces and Apricot Sauce:
- Break chicken into serving pieces and place in a baking dish. Brush chicken with oil and bake in moderate oven until golden brown, approximately 35 minutes.
- In a saucepan bring the reserved apricot juice and sugar to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Add apricot pieces and set aside.
- Combine parsley with the rice and arrange on the bottom of serving dish. Place baked chicken pieces on top of rice and pour apricot sauce over the top.
(Sourced from Cooking can be Simple - Select Kitchen Class)
See other main course recipes.