Chicken Parmigiana Recipe
This recipe for Chicken Parmigiana serves 2 people.
Time required: 55 minutes
(25 minutes to prepare, then cook for 30 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 tsp basil
- 420 g chopped tomatoes, tinned
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- ¼ cup of cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup of plain flour, for coating
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of smoked ham
- 2 cups of bread crumbs, for coating
How to make Chicken Parmigiana:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsuis.
- In a bowl beat the eggs together and on a dinner plate put the flour and on another dinner plate put the bread crumbs and mixed herbs. Dip the chicken into the egg then coat in flour. Then dip the chicken again into the egg and coat in bread crumbs.
- Heat up a frying pan and lightly coat the pan in oil. Cook the chicken on both sides just lightly browning the breadcrumbs, then place chicken in a baking dish and place in oven.
- In a saucepan place the tinned tomatoes, basil and garlic and heat up on a low to medium heat. Could add a small amount of vegetable stock if wanted to.
- After chicken has been in oven for 10 minutes put the ham, then tomato mixture, cheeses and a pinch of mixed herbs (or chilli flakes) on top of the chicken and place back in oven for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with chips and salad.
Check out parma.com.au for reviews on the best Chicken Parmas around Australia.
(Sourced from Suzanne Lawrence)
See other main course recipes.