Chicken Margherita Recipe
This recipe for Chicken Margherita serves 4 people.
Time required: 30 minutes
(10 minutes to prepare, then cook for 20 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 20 g baby spinach leaves
- 550 g truss tomatoes, baby vine ripened
- 4 chicken breast, fillets - 200 grams each
- ⅓ cup of basil pesto
- 180 g bocconcini cheese, sliced thinly
- 8 slices of prosciutto, 120g
How to make Chicken Margherita:
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees celcius or 200 degrees celcius fan forced.
- Remove four tomatoes from truss; slice thinly.
- Split one chicken fillet; in half horizontally; open out. Spread one tablespoon of pesto on one side of chicken fillet; top with a quarter of the cheese, a quarter of the sliced tomato, and a quarter of the spinach. Fold chicken fillet over filling; wrap with two slices proscuitto to enlose securely. Repeat process with remaining chicken, pesto, cheese,sliced tomato, spinach and prosciutto.
- Roast chicken and reamining tomatoes in large oiled shallow baking dish, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve chicken with roasted tomatoes.
(Sourced from The Australian Womens Weekly After Work Fast)
See other main course recipes.