Chicken Curry Recipe
This recipe for Chicken Curry serves 4 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 45 minutes
(15 minutes to prepare, then cook for 90 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper, fresh
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, boneless
- 1 small onion
- 1 ½ cups of coconut milk
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp lemon rind, grated
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 coriander, Chopped fresh or toasted long thread coconut
- 1 piece of root ginger, (1cm)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¾ tsp chilli powder
How to make Chicken Curry:
- Remove fat from chicken and discard. Cut chicken into 2cm pieces. Crush and peel garlic. Peel and chop onion. Peel and slice ginger. Mix garlic, onion, ginger, lemon rind, coriander, cumin, turmeric, chilli powder, salt and pepper together in a blender or pulverise with a mortar and pestle. Place the chicken, spice mixture and coconut milk in a saucepan and simmer for 1½ hours or until the mixture is fairly dry. Stir during cooking. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander or toasted coconut.
Serve with rice.
(Sourced from Quick n Easy Chicken - Australian)
See other main course recipes.