Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry Recipe
Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry
This recipe for Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry serves 4 people.
Time required: 25 minutes
(10 minutes to prepare, then cook for 15 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 tsp root ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 cup of french beans, fresh or frozen
- 4 spring onions
- 1 handful of spring onion, sliced
- 3 Sticks of celery
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 500 g boneless chicken pieces
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- 1 tsp orange rind, grated
How to make Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry:
- Trim the spring onions and celery and cut into 2cm pieces on the diagonal. If the beans are short, leave whole, otherwise cut into 3cm lengths. Cut chicken into thin strips. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Lightly brown the nuts in the oil, tossing constantly. Add the spring onions, celery, beans and ginger and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add chicken to the wok. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until just cooked. Mix the cornflour with a little of the orange juice. Add the rest of the orange juice to the cornflour then pour into the wok with the soy sauce and orange rind. Heat until the mixture thickens. Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
See other main course recipes.